Sunday, May 22, 2005

U2: Masters of Their Craft


In the presence of greatness



Well the U2 concert has come and gone. The reason why I haven't wrote about it sooner was because I need to process what I experienced at the Continental Airlines Arena this past Wednesday. The concert was amazing, loud and incredible. It was awesome to watch true masters of their craft playing right in front of us. As I've told some, I liken the concert to being able to watch Leonardo paint the Mona Lisa or watch Beethoven compose the No.9 Symphony. Not only is U2 made of great artists, but even better performers. Their ability to play show after show all year long is awesome to watch. Bono has been singing for 20+yrs and Wednesday night he sounded like just sung his first verse. His ability to keep his voice intact is unbelievable. One quote I took with me from the many that night was when Bono said, "Jew, Christian, Muslim.....we are all sons of Abraham." Think about that one for awhile because I still am.


CJE


Here's the Set List:
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Stories for Boys - Pump It Up
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky - When Johnny Comes Marching Home
Running to Stand Still
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because Of You
Yahweh
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Bad
40

2 comments:

J-Wild 3:22 PM  

It was such an awesome concert. Thanks for getting me tickets!

Anonymous,  6:03 AM  

I quite like reading an article that can make people think.

Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!
Also see my web site > how do you get rid of acne scars

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP